We desire for everyone who comes to Grace Community Church to not only participate in large group environments (e.g. the Sunday morning Gathering) but also to be actively involved in smaller (community) groups. Relationships are a priority at Grace, and though relationships can be messy, we believe small groups can offer the benefits of authentic community: encouragement, accountability, connection and fun. Ultimately, we believe sustaining life change occurs through small groups. Here are the top reasons why:
- You will have the opportunity to study the Bible together and discuss the issues and challenges of life. Small groups offer a good place to ask questions.
- You will have the opportunity to develop deeper friendships with other people who will walk beside you on your journey as a follower of Christ.
- You will have the opportunity to find some answers and support regarding the needs in your life through group prayer.
- You will have the opportunity to share what’s going on...what’s good, what’s bad, and how you need help in a time of change or crisis.
- You will have the opportunity to demonstrate the New Testament example of community. Early followers of Christ gathered in homes, shared meals, read the Word, prayed, worshiped and helped one another (Acts 2:42-47, 5:42).
- You will have the opportunity to serve others by bearing their burdens, meeting their needs and stepping out beyond your own issues.
- You will have the opportunity to move from simply being a spectator to being a participant.
Typically a small group consists of 12 to 15 individuals who have committed to meet weekly for 12-18 months. In spite of our hectic and busy lifestyles, we carve out time each week to be with other people.
In addition to our regular small groups we offer many different types of groups to fit your needs, including those for people who are struggling with addictions, for military wives, and groups for people who are in certain phases and stages of life, to view those groups click here.
How do I join a Small Group?
The best way is through Connect Now, or you can sign up anytime at www.gcomsmallgroups.com. Connect Now happens several times a year on a Sunday morning. We will assist you in connecting with a group leader and meeting others who are joining small groups as well. If you need more info on small groups, visit the Groups table on Sunday mornings or contact the groups staff HERE.