In times of crisis, we as Christ followers are looking for ways to support and help, below are some ways you can support those in the midst of these tragedies:
How you can pray?
- Pray for all those who lost loved ones, homes, and businesses in the storm.
- Pray for the survivors as they begin to heal & rebuild.
- Pray for the community's leaders as they lead through recovery.
- Pray for first responders & emergency workers.
- Pray for opportunities for people to share the hope & love of Jesus in the midst of tragedy.
- Pray for the local churches as they minister to those in their community.
What you can do?
- Give financially to the organizations on the ground in the area such as Red Cross or Salvation Army
- Go through Disaster Relief training through one of these organizations to be prepared to go to the area during crisis times. Unless you are properly trained, there isn't much you can help with on the ground.
- Find out from organizations/churches in the area what supplies/donations are needed & get together donations to send.